Are you looking for an exciting career in education/ training? To begin, at Bay Area Driving Academy, we believe that one person can make a big impact. Furthermore, we value customer service, teamwork, and fun. So, if you share these same principles, let’s CHAT! We want you to join our top-notch Driving Academy team! We are currently hiring and interviewing now!
Click on BADA Employment Application to download our job application.
Please submit (1) RESUME and (2) JOB APPLICATION to [email protected] or via Indeed.com. When submitting via email, please put job title in SUBJECT LINE.
ACADEMY DRIVING INSTRUCTOR
This is an exciting opportunity for a career as a state-licensed driving instructor. The position allows you the flexibility of schedule, interaction with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences, and a chance to positively impact the way people live by helping them learn to drive.
Currently seeking instructors to cover Santa Clara and San Mateo County. You will pick up and drop-off the company work vehicle located in the Santa Clara/Redwood City for each shift.
If you are compassionate, patient, encouraging, and have a drive for teaching on the road, you could be the right candidate!
- Compensation posted is $20.00 to $28.00 per hour as a consolidated rate, part-time DOE
- Actual rates will be Non-Exempted Dual Hourly
- Minimum 18 hours per week required
- Each Driving Lesson is a 2 hour lesson plus travel time
- No experience? Willing to Train! We will pay for the cost!
- Already a certified instructor? We offer a generous signing bonus!!!! Ask when you apply.
- Already have a teaching degree? We offer higher starting pay rate for candidates with experience and/or teaching credentials.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ability to train and coach teens and adults in in-car driver training
- Must be able to communicate well with students – the ability to give clear instructions, to stay calm and point out areas of improvement in a constructive way
- Must have the capability to work with individuals with a wide range of skills and backgrounds
- Excellent driving skills, road safety knowledge, and enthusiasm for driving
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Complete and maintain student records
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
Driving Instructor License & DMV Requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age (State requirement)
- Must possess a valid CA DMV Instructor’s license (transferable), or must be able to apply for one successfully (If you are not licensed, we will provide state-required instructor training for the right applicants)
- Applicant must be able to furnish a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a clean driving record
- Must have Internet access and cell phone
- DMV Physical -Live Scan fingerprinting -Background check required
- Thorough knowledge of California driving laws and DMV handbook
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics
- Patience and good people skills
- Sharp observational skills
- Detail-oriented, professional attitude, reliable
Working conditions are normal for an in-car driver training instructor environment. Working hours are from Monday to Sunday from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm – days/hours worked will depend on your weekly schedule. Full-time and part-time positions available. Your working hours must base on the students’ availabilities, so be prepared to work evenings and weekends. There may be variations in a number of lessons booked with you, particularly around Christmas or during the summer due to the school and work schedules.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance