License Requirements for Teens
Here are the teen license requirements* for California broken down for easy understanding. You need a driving coach you can trust when starting the process of getting your driver license. Bay Area Driving Academy has the experience and resources to assist you on your journey.
HOW TO GET UR DRIVER LICENSE
Teens 15 1/2 and wanting to obtain driver license before age 18 must complete the following:
- 30 hours of Online Driver Education Course
- Submit application along with fees and required documentation
- Upon submitting – you have exactly 1 year to complete the process
- Pass the California DMV written exam and obtain a learner permit
- 6 hours of Behind-the-Wheel Driver Training
- Completed with an accredited/licensed driving school – that’s us!
- Possess a permit for a minimum of 6 months
- 50 hours of practice
- Completed with an adult 25 or older with valid CDL
- 10 of 50 hours must be at night
- Pass the California DMV driving exam and received your license!
Furthermore, please visit California DMV How-To Guide to access detailed information on the process for applying.
Bay Area Driving Academy partnered with Traffic Safety Consultants to offer a DMV licensed Online Driver Education Course for teens. So our Online Driver’s Education course is the 1st step in your journey! Click Here to sign up for our Online Driver Education Course.
Consequently, once you have your permit, please return to Bay Area Driving Academy website to schedule your first driving lesson for our Teen Academy Driving Program.
Bay Area Driving Academy provides a comprehensive 6hrs Teen Academy Driving Program for teen beginners to meet all DMV requirements and to prepare them for their DMV driving test. In addition, we will issue you a Certificate of Completion for use at the DMV at the completion of your Teen Academy Driving Program.
*Please verify all California DMV requirement information presented on bayareadrivingacademy.com website. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any information presented on our website but rather provide it as a courtesy for our students.
with our online appointment system:
- Have Questions? Rather schedule with a person?
- Simply email us for quickest response:
- 877-831-9882 | 669-232-3668
Kindly provide your (1) name, (2) email and (3) if you’re interested in our TEEN or ADULT program. One of our friendly customer service agents will assist you with information and scheduling as soon as possible.
Emails Suck. Ours Don’t! Please Subscribe