Teens: 15 1/2 to 17 1/2 years old
As a teenage about to embark on a milestone journey of obtaining your driver license, we know you need a partner and coach you can trust and rely upon. We are here to help! Bay Area Driving Academy has the experience and resources to prepare and assist you on your wonderful journey to discover the freedom of the open roads.
Teens in California who are at least 15 1/2 and want to obtain their driver license before age 18 must complete the following steps:
- 30 hours of Driver Education Course (not including breaks or meal times)
- Submit the driver license application to California DMV along with licensing fees and required documentation
- Pass the California DMV written exam (upon passing you will receive a learner permit valid for one year only)
- 6 hours of Behind-the-Wheel Driver Training (completed with an accredited/licensed driving school – that’s us!)
- Possess a learner’s permit for a minimum of 6 months
- 50 hours, total, of behind-the-wheel practice (completed with an adult 25 years or older with valid driver license) / 10 of 50 hours must be night time driving
- Pass the California DMV driving exam
Bay Area Driving Academy offers is happy to offer students our comprehensive and easy to use Online Driver Education Course. Simple, complete and DMV approved – our Online Driver’s Education course is the 1st step to your journey of obtaining your driver’s license!
Please click on:
Online Driver Education Course for more information on how to sign up.
Complete the course and submit your application and fees to California DMV. Schedule and pass your California DMV written exam. Once you have passed your written exam and have your permit, please kindly return to Bay Area Driving Academy so we can schedule your Behind-the Wheel Training lesson.
Bay Area Driving Academy provides a comprehensive top quality 6 Hours Behind-the-Wheel Training Program to meet all DMV requirements and to fully prepare teen students for their driving test. Once you complete our 3 lesson course – we will issue you a certificate of completion for the DMV.
Industry veteran, Carrie Lampman, personally developed and reviewed our state-of-the-art program to not only cover the basics of driving but includes driver readiness/alertness, safety checks, basic car maintenance, freeway training, Bay Area driving culture and much more. Click here to Schedule a Lesson!
with our online appointment system:
- Have Questions? Rather schedule with a person?
- Simply email us for quickest response:
- | 669-232-3668
Kindly provide your (1) name, (2) contact information and (3) if you’re interested in our TEEN or ADULT program. Soon after, within one business day, one of our friendly customer service agents will assist you with information and scheduling.
- The California DMV requires those under the age of 18 applying for a permit to provide a Certificate of Completion of Classroom Driver Education.
- Those over the age of 18 do not need to provide such form.
- For your convenience, instruction is available 7 days/week.
- Appointments cancelled without 24 hour notice will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee.