Are you looking for an exciting career in education/ training? At Bay Area Driving Academy, one person can make a big impact. We value customer service, teamwork, and fun. Let’s CHAT! Join our Driving Academy team today! We are currently hiring and interviewing now!
Click on: BADA Employment Application to download our job application.
Please submit (1) RESUME and (2) JOB APPLICATION to email@example.com. Please put job title in SUBJECT LINE.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS:
Bay Area Driving Academy is ready to pull out all the stops to groom our students to be the safest and most educated in the Bay Area. We are looking to build our team with Instructors who share our passion for education, our commitment to safety, and our dedication towards preparing our students to be confident and capable drivers. If you are compassionate, patient, encouraging, and have a drive for teaching on the road, you could be the right candidate! If you have previous experience working with teens, adults, and culturally diverse backgrounds, then Bay Area Driving Academy can provide you the opportunity to be part of an industry leader in Driver Training.
- Compensation $18.00+ DOE
- (with potential of making over $50,000+ a year!)
- Exempted Hourly Position
- Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available
- Instructors needed for both North Bay (San Mateo County) and South Bay (Santa Clara County) areas.
No experience? Willing to Train! We will pay for the cost!
Already certified instructor? We offer signing bonus!!!! Ask when you apply.
GENERAL INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- Applicant must be able to furnish a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid DMV Instructor’s license (transferable), or must be able to apply for one successfully (If you are not licensed, we will provide state required instructor training for the right applicants!)
- Possess a clean driving record
- Must have Internet access and cell phone
- DMV Physical -Live Scan -Back Ground check required
- Must be available for weekday lessons from 7:30am -9:00pm
- Must be available for weekend lessons from 8:00am-8:00pm
- Must be available on school holidays, vacations, seasonal breaks
- Ability to train and coach teens and adults in in-car driver training
- Must be able to communicate well with students – the ability to give clear instructions, to stay calm and point out areas of improvement in a constructive way
- Must have the capability to work with individuals with a wide range of skills
- Excellent driving skills, road safety knowledge and enthusiasm for driving
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Complete and maintain student records
- Collect tuition and payments
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of California driving laws and DMV handbook
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics
- Patience and good people skills
- Have a good sense of humor
- Strong organizational skills
- Sharp observational skills
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
Working conditions are normal for an in-car driver training instructor environment. Working hours are between Sunday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm – days worked will depend on your weekly schedule.
Your working hours must base around your students, so be prepared to work evenings and weekends. There may be variations in the amount of lessons booked with you, particularly around Christmas or during the summer due to the school schedules.
You will spend most of your time in the car, instructing in the passenger seat during lessons. Lessons typically last between two hours.