Our DMV-required 6-hour Teen Driving Program will assist you in your journey of getting your driver license while ensuring you a safe and comfortable learning environment. We know learning to drive for the 1st time is a milestone. Almost a rite of passage. The freedom and independence that driving provides is a unique experience and valuable life-skill. Let us be your partner and coach as we start your journey together…
Carrie Lampman, CEO/Head Instructor, designed our modern, comprehensive behind-the-wheel training program. Her program ensures you are receiving a safe, fun and enriching lesson. All instructors were personally vetted, hired and trained by Carrie and follow her training and program for consistency.
- Required 6 hours of DMV Driver Training – broken into three 2-hour lessons
- The curriculum will cover:
- Pickup/drop-off from home, school, or anywhere most convenient for student and family, as long as it is within our service area
- Students/Parents receive our 5-Core Competencies assessment and evaluation course review after each lesson
- Our State-licensed Driving Instructor will legally validate and sign the teen provisional permit on the first lesson
- Certificate of Completion of Driver Training will be provided immediately upon completion of the 6-hour program
Each appointment is a full 2 hours of in-car instruction. We use automatic Honda Civic Hybrids, and each car has an extra brake and mirror for the instructor. We also have full insurance coverage on our vehicles, so our students are covered during the time they are with us for each lesson.
We suggest scheduling the 1st two lessons a month apart. This allows the student to practice on what they’ve have learned before we see them again but without too much of a time lapse. The 2nd lesson is a nice check-in to review progress and provide further skills-training. The 3rd lesson, where we typically cover freeway, is scheduled a couple months later so the students have time to build their confidence. We are not rigid to the scheduling, however, this is our suggestion.
Most of our teen lessons offered during the weekday afternoons and weekends are “piggy-back” with another student. This is where we end a scheduled appointment at the home of the next student being instructed. The next student will, therefore, drive the previous student home. We never piggy-back lessons with adult students.
We also have private one-on-one lessons limited to either certain instructors and weekday morning appointments only. Please email our office for more information.
We recommend all students to schedule your first two lessons right away to ensure optimal scheduling. Select TEEN DRIVING ACADEMY LESSON for all three lessons when scheduling online.
with our online appointment system:
[Palo Alto, Stanford, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Saratoga, Santa Clara, San Jose]
[Menlo Park, Atherton, Woodside, Redwood City, San Carlos, Belmont, Foster City, San Mateo]
- Have Questions? Rather schedule with a person?
- Simply email us for quickest response:
- 877-831-9882 | 669-232-3668
Kindly provide your (1) name, (2) contact information and (3) if you’re interested in our TEEN or ADULT program. One of our friendly customer service agents will assist you with information and scheduling as soon as possible.